About Me

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Boys' Hockey: Division I Championship Results (3/19)

I was not at the game because I was at Mohegan for Mercy basketball's game.
Here are links to articles about Prep's 5-0 win; don't worry it wasn't a very good game:

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Fairfield-Prep-routs-St-Joseph-to-claim-state-1209326.php

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Galiani-defense-key-to-Jesuits-victory-1212365.php

http://nhregister.com/articles/2011/03/19/sports/high_school/doc4d851e981350c713084998.txt

I wish New Canaan was in the championship for Prep to prove their number one ranking against but all the other polls now agree with my rankings, at the very top at least.  A NOTE ON FINAL RANKINGS: I do not believe in them because all that matters is how you did in the state tournament; ranking teams based on how they did in one postseason raises a lot of complications (just check out the Register's poll and how even more messed up it is now).  For examples, would anyone rank Morehead State ahead of Louisville in the finals rankings of college basketball?

I would like to thank everyone again from the bottom of my heart for reading my stuff, especially when you come back again and again.  In a quick look ahead, I will take the next two weeks off since it is only practice for spring sports and when sports are back I will cover, although less extensively, boy's lacrosse, baseball and I still haven't decided what I am going to do for volleyball yet (I play).  You can be sure to expect some surprises and random posts on other sports along the way.  For those of you who just follow hockey, the road ends here and thank you again for read; who knows, you may see my name again, whether it be in a local paper, on TV, or running for President of the United States...I'm Mark Scalzo and I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment