About Me

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Boys' Hockey: Division II Semifinals Preview (3/14)

The season of The Yale Whale is upon us as this upcoming week is full of hockey, all games at Yale's Ingalls in New Haven.  DII Semis Monday, DIII Semis Tues, DI Semis Wed, DII Championship Fri night at 730pm, DIII c-ship on Sat at 10am then the DI Championship on Saturday at 2pm.  The Division II Semifinals kick things off on Monday 3/14:

(1) Guilford vs (4) Trumbull @ 730pm
-I have Trumbull winning this one, but only by a narrow margin because I just think Guilford wasn't even the undisputed best team in the SCC-DII and Hand proved that to us while Trumbull is the second-best FCIAC team in DII.  For DII, the FCIAC is better than the SCC because the FCIAC teams play all the DI FCIAC teams in the regular season while the DII teams play, at most only one or two of the SCC DI teams during the regular season.  I am not too confident in that pick anymore after Guilford rolled over Suffield-Granby-Windsor Locks 5-1 and Trumbull needed OT to beat Westhill 2-1 in the semifinals.

(2) Cheshire vs (3) Wilton @ 530
-Many of the same thigns mentioned above could apply here but Wilton is better than Trumbull and Cheshire is not as good as Guilford so I have Wilton winning this game pretty easily.  What gives Cheshire hope is Wilton only beat East Catholic 2-1 in the semifinals so an upset is far from impossible, especially since this is playoff hockey.  The Rams will give Wilton a good game but I'm predicting an all FCIAC final in DII.

PICKS: The only thing I have got wrong in DII is the 8/9 game so I have been doing very good.  Although I will actually be rooting for Guilford, I keep things objective and I'm sticking to my original predictions: Trumbull and Wilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment