About Me

Sunday, March 6, 2011

EXTRA: Boys' Hockey: DI Bracket (based on my rankings)

Just for fun, and you will see what I mean in just a second, I made a bracket based on my rankings of the top 16 teams in DI (16 because 16 made the real tournament) and here is what the bracket would look like:

1 Fairfield Prep
16 Greenwich

8 South Windsor
9 St Joseph
---
5 Notre Dame-West Haven
13 East Haven

4 Xavier
13 Darien
-------------------------------
3 Hamden
14 Conard

6 Glastonbury
11 Amity
---
7 Ridgefield
10 West Haven

2 New Canaan
15 Tri-Town

Tell me those first round match ups aren't one thousand times better? Look at the quarterfinals too:
1 FP vs 8 SW
5 ND-WH vs 4 X (who doesn't want to see that again? Harney vs Essery!)
-
3 Hamden vs 6 Glastonbury (that would be an amazing game to see)
7 Ridgefield vs 2 New Canaan (I'm glad we may get to see this in the real bracket...wish it was the FCIAC Championship too)

Semis:
1 FP vs 4 X (we would get to see this again too!!!)
3 Hamden vs 2 NC (this time its at Yale; I don't know the NHR would top the hype it made for this game last time but I'm sure they would be able to)

Championship: Hamden vs Prep - the game everyone wants to see too...Prep wins (hopefully in OT) and it's the best high school hockey game anyone has ever seen

NOTE: Prep beats Xavier this time because Xavier is coming off a game with ND-WH and Prep is coming off SW (X would be coming off SW if they face Prep in the real bracket).

No comments:

Post a Comment